The team leader will give strategic guidance and assume overall responsibility of the project. He/she will ensure the coordination of the activities, as well as the reporting to DEVCO B1.
Qualifications and skills
The team leader will have
- At least a University degree (master degree) or equivalent of a relevant discipline related to this contract (such as social sciences, law, political science, administration and management, economics, development cooperation);
- Excellent drafting, communication and management skills;
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage a team of experts effectively and efficiently as well as to monitor the quality of work performed by the team;
- Fluency in English and French. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese an asset.
General professional experience
The team leader must have at least 12 years of professional experience in the field of development cooperation, with a particular focus on human development, participatory approaches and cross-cutting issues, such as mainstreaming child rights, rights of persons with disabilities, rights of minorities…
Specific professional experience
The team leader should have:
- at least 6 years of professional experience of implementing a rights-based approach to and gender equality in development cooperation;
- good knowledge of EU development cooperation procedures and instruments;
- knowledge in various EU aid implementation modalities (including the sector- and general budget support and/or global initiatives and joint programming);
experience at field level (at least 3 years) in a region covered by EU cooperation (Africa, Asia & Pacific, European Neighbourhood, Latin America & Caribbean).
- experience in leading a group of experts in at least two other projects of at least 2 years' duration each before this contract
- experience as a trainer on the RBA and(preferably)/or gender equality.